Jun 23, 2021
ART 106 - Intermediate Drawing Credits: 5
Focuses on the human form as a basis for learning about anatomy, composition, relationship of figure to environment, line, shape, value, and color.
Prerequisite: ART 105 or instructor’s permission.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop observation skills in terms of weight, balance, and gesture of the figure.
- Explore the various possibilities within the picture plane in a more creative and complex manner.
- Investigate the abstraction of human form.
- Explore the use of traditional materials, including mixed media.
- Apply skills and concepts for creative expression.
- Analyze the context in a drawing.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)