Jun 22, 2021
FRCH& 123 - French III Credits: 5
Completion of basic system grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing, and conversation. Students acquire basic knowledge of the diversity of the French speaking world, its history, and cultures. Fulfills University of Washington College of Arts and Sciences graduation requirement.
Prerequisite: A grade of 2.0 or higher in FRCH& 122 or equivalent with instructor’s permission; and eligible for ENGL 099 .
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Describe clothes, fashion, home and neighborhoods in written and oral.
- Discuss film and music and their characteristics.
- Practice the present subjunctive of regular and irregular verbs.
- Use direct, indirect, Y and EN pronouns for concise sentence structure.
- Express opinions about illnesses and medical remedies in written and oral.
- Use conditional tense in hypothetical situations in written and oral.
- Discuss consumption, recycling and ecological activities.
- Prepare a presentation on reducing one’s environmental impact.
- Use French in the classroom with peers.
- Practice speaking French in real-life situations.
- Organize a professional meeting.
- Use French social media to promote a service or a product.
Analyze cultural perspectives and values of a multicultural world.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)