May 18, 2021
ATECH 115 - Manual Drive Trains and Axles Credits: 1-6
Covers theory, diagnosis, adjustment and repair of manual drive train components: i.e., clutch transmission, drive line and axles. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and workplace safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Prerequisite: ATECH 110 , eligible for READ 104 and instructor’s permission. All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Diagnose drive trains.
- Diagnose and repair clutches.
- Diagnose and repair transmissions and transaxles.
- Diagnose and repair drive shafts, half shafts universal and constant-velocity (CV) joints.
- Diagnose and repair drive axles.
- Diagnose and repair four-wheel drive/all-wheel-drive components.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive automatic and manual transmission/transaxle systems to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)