Oct 02, 2023
ATECH 111 - Electrical and Electronics Systems Credits: 1-14
Presents fundamental principles and terminology of automotive electrical systems. Use of Ohm’s Law, wiring diagrams, diagnostic, and test instruments. Covers diagnosis and repair of batteries, starting systems, charging systems, lighting systems, operator information and warning systems, and onboard body computer control systems. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and workplace safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Enrollment Requirement: ATECH 110 and instructor consent. Eligible for READ 104 . All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Diagnose electrical systems.
- Diagnose and service batteries.
- Diagnose and repair starting systems.
- Diagnose and repair charging systems.
- Diagnose and repair instrument cluster and driver information systems.
- Diagnose and repair automotive accessories.
- Diagnose and repair body electrical systems.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive electrical systems to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)