Oct 02, 2023
ATECH 116 - Suspension and Steering Credits: 1-6
Covers application of automotive suspension and steering systems. Topics include tires and wheels, suspension systems, two and four wheel alignment, diagnosis, adjustment, and repair of systems and components. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and work place safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Enrollment Requirement: ATECH 110 and instructor consent. Eligible for READ 104 . All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Assess suspension and steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair steering systems.
- Diagnose and repair suspensions systems.
- Service-related suspension and steering components.
- Diagnose, adjust and repair wheel alignment.
- Diagnose and repair wheels and tires.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive steering and suspension systems to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)