Oct 02, 2023
ATECH 117 - Brakes Credits: 1-7
Covers theory, diagnosis, adjustments, and repair of automotive brake systems to include hydraulic systems, drum brakes, boosters, parking brakes and anti-skid brake system (ABS). Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and workplace safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Enrollment Requirement: ATECH 110 and instructor consent. Eligible for READ 104 . All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Diagnose brake systems.
- Diagnose and repair hydraulic systems.
- Diagnose and repair drum brakes.
- Diagnose and repair disc brakes.
- Diagnose and repair power-assist units.
- Diagnose and repair related brake systems.
- Diagnose and repair electronic brake control systems.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive brake systems to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)