Dec 08, 2023
NRS A 110 - Nurse Assistant Theory Credits: 6
Students develop the concepts and knowledge necessary to provide entry level nurse assistant care.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent.
Course Fee: $50.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Define/discuss: abuse, risk management, guardian, power of attorney, devices, inefficacious DSHS, AARP, alert charting.
- Describe/discuss use of computers for patient/resident medical records.
- Define/discuss medical assistant devices.
- Explain the nursing process as it relates to the care setting with a focus on focus documentation and implementations.
- Describe/discuss your scope of practice.
- Define/discuss specific details of positive psycho/social/spiritual care of patients, residents, and clients.
- Define/discuss positive physical/restorative care of patients, residents, and clients.
Define their role as a safe practitioner.
Function on a team or within a group in a nurturing positive manner.
Relate to people of all ages.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)