TS 96 - HS 21+ Prior Learning Assessment 2
Allows students to earn high school-level credit for prior experience or learning on an individual basis. Involves documentation of the skill or training in question, including but not limited to health and fitness, occupational education and fine arts, accompanied by a 2-page (750 word) reflection, written by the student/applicant, that describes the importance of this skill and why it should be considered for high school credit. This is a pass/no credit course.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Write arguments to support claims using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately.
- Gather relevant information from multiple sources.
- Integrate and present research in an effective format.
- Avoid plagiarism by following a standard format of citation.
Demonstrate the skills necessary for successful transition to college credit courses and/or living wage employment.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)