TS 92 - HS21+ Prior Learning Assessment-Health & Fitness
Allows students to earn high school-level credit for prior experience or learning on an individual basis. Involves documentation of the skill or training in health & fitness, accompanied by a reflection, written by the student/applicant, that describes the importance of this skill and why it should be considered for high school credit. This is a pass/no credit course.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Write arguments to support claims on health and fitness using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Write informative/explanatory texts on health and fitness to convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately.
- Gather relevant information from multiple sources on a health and fitness topic.
- Integrate and present research on health and fitness in an effective format.
- Avoid plagiarism by following a standard format of citation.
Demonstrate the skills necessary for successful transition to college credit courses and/or living wage employment.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)