SDEV 201 - SQL for Data Analytics
Structured Query Language (SQL) is used to extract and analyze data stored in databases. Hands-on experience with extracting data and organizing it into meaningful information in realistic scenarios.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Explain the structure of tables and the function of keys in a relational database.
- Use diagrams to show how tables in a relational database relate to one another.
- Interpret business information requests to produce accurate SQL statements.
- Construct SQL queries to retrieve data from one or more tables in a database.
- Produce SQL queries using logical operators, expressions, and filters.
- Extract data from a database using a relational database language.
- Perform basic data analysis techniques such as filtering, aggregation, and joins.
- Understand and demonstrate basic programming and database constructs.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)