Dec 09, 2023
BNURSE 337 - Maternal/Child Nursing Simulation Credits: 1
On campus and virtual simulation scenarios related to content in Applied Critical Thinking in Maternal-Child Nursing will provide the student with the opportunity to apply clinical skills using the nursing process, and demonstrate clinical judgment when giving culturally sensitive care in a safe simulation environment.
Enrollment Requirement: Enrollment in the LPN to BSN Program
Course Fee: $100.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Describe patterns and deviations in subjective and objective data related to the care of perinatal family / pediatric clients who are in different stages of the life cycle in a simulation environment.
- Interpret data to determine appropriate nursing response within legal and ethical guidelines to address relevant perinatal family / pediatric client/family data.
- Perform holistic, culturally sensitive nursing care, including a focus on racial, socio-economic, sexual, gender, ethnicity, religious, social determinants of health, and spiritual needs of a perinatal family / pediatric client/family in a simulation environment.
- Integrate principles of safety, quality, collaboration, person-centered care, family-centered care, systems-based care when providing care in a simulation environment.
- Demonstrate safe performance of nursing care in a simulation environment.
- Communicate clearly to a perinatal family / pediatric client and family, as well other health care team members to provide for continuity of care.
- Evaluate personal performance to identify strengths and weaknesses leading to a plan to address weaknesses.
- Integrate knowledge from the arts and sciences to manage the care of clients across the life span using evidence-based practice and clinical reasoning to inform decision making.
- Provide holistic, person-centered, population health care to diverse populations including community and public health.
- Utilize research information to improve health of diverse clients across the life span.
- Minimize harm to clients through quality assurance and improvement.
- Use systems-based practice to coordinate and manage care to provide safe, quality, and equitable care.
- Integrate informatics and other healthcare technologies to inform decision making when managing and delivering safe, high-quality, and efficient health care in accordance with best practice and professional and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development, including the professional identity of a bachelor of science prepared registered nurse, and life long learning.
- Apply leadership principles and quality improvement when intentionally collaborating with the interdisciplinary health care team to provide evidence-based, safe quality nursing care.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)