Feb 29, 2024
SPAN 112 - Spanish for Health Care Workers 2 Credits: 5
A continuation of SPAN 111. Focuses on further developing communication skills primarily for health care workers or for anyone desiring a background in the language of medicine in Spanish. Students expand introductory vocabulary and grammatical structures in Spanish related to the language health care.
Enrollment Requirement: Eligible for ENGL 99 and SPAN 111 with a grade of 2.0 or higher.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Recognize the different cultures and customs of the diverse Hispanic population with whom they will most likely work.
- Acquire proficiency in basic oral and written communication skills in Spanish related to the vocabulary used when interacting in a health care environment.
- Demonstrate communication in Spanish both orally and in writing using the forms of the past tense, the subjunctive and other related grammatical structures.
- Demonstrate a sense of personal responsibility by following the guidelines stated in the syllabus and be accountable for this.
- Analyze cultural perspectives and values of a multicultural world.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)