Feb 29, 2024
SPAN 115 - Hispanic Activities Credits: 1
Allows students to learn about the multiple contributions of the Hispanic world to the global community. Students are exposed to different elements of Hispanic culture, including music, dancing, and festivals, as well as basic Hispanic history.
Enrollment Requirement: Eligible for ENGL 99 or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the diversity of the Hispanic world.
- Illustrate a basic knowledge of the complex relation between the USA and the Hispanic world.
- Define different aspects of Hispanic popular culture such as food traditions, the importance of music and dancing, festivals, sports.
- Analyze cultural perspectives and values of a multicultural world.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)